Education Jurisdiction Summit
February 22, 2023 @ 1:00 pm – February 23, 2023 @ 10:00 pm
Our First Nations agree that we need to move towards healing and empowerment in education. Education Jurisdiction will recognize First Nations’ self-governance over education based on Indigenous peoples’ inherent right to self-determination given by the Creator.
Please join us February 22nd to the 23rd to look to next steps for the Education Jurisdiction process and learn from other groups across Canada.
Updates on the NAN-Canada Education Reset Table
Best Practices Panel Discussion with special guests:
- Charles Cochrane, B.Ed.,MCPM, Executive Director of Manitoba First Nations Education Resource Centre Inc. (MFNERC) &
- Dr. Brian Wildcat, Former Superintendent of Maskwacîs Education Schools Commission (MESC)
Master of Ceremonies: Bentley Cheechoo
Who should attend?
- Chief and Council Members
- Education Leaders (LEA, or education committee members)
- Education Director/Staff
- NAN Advisory Council Members
- NAN Education Committee Members
Note: NAN will cover the travel and hospitality costs for two people per community/organization. A streaming option will also be available.
For more information, please contact Claudia Stein at email@example.com