Keewaywin Awards recognize leadership & accomplishments of NAN members
KINGFISHER LAKE FIRST NATION (July 18, 2019): Nishnawbe Aski Nation (NAN) Grand Chief Alvin Fiddler, on behalf of the NAN Executive Council, congratulates recipients of the 2019 Keewaywin Awards for their outstanding accomplishments and contributions to our Nation.
“On behalf of the Chiefs and Councils of NAN I am honoured to congratulate this year’s Keewaywin Awards recipients for their outstanding achievements and commitment to improving the lives of our people and strengthening our communities,” said NAN Grand Chief Alvin Fiddler. “Their accomplishments are the result of hard work and dedication, and the leadership they demonstrate on a daily basis is an inspiration to us all.”
Award recipients include:
- Judy Desmoulin, Long Lake #58 – Emile Nakogee Award for Outstanding Leadership
- Ralph Bekintis, Sandy Lake First Nation – NAN Elder Award
- Brenda Kakegamic, North Spirit Lake First Nation – NAN Woman Award
- Brayden Kakapetum, Sandy Lake First Nation – NAN Youth Leadership/Community Involvement Award
- Tristan Quisses, Neskantanga First Nation – NAN Youth Academic Award
- Shawnda Mamakwa, Kingfisher Lake First Nation – NAN Youth Cultural Award
- Martha Loon, Mishkeegogamang First Nation – NAN Staff Award
- Kingfisher Lake First Nation – NAN Host Community Award
Recipients were honoured at a banquet last night during the XXXVIII Keewaywin Conference, held July 16-18 in Kingfisher Lake First Nation.
For more information please contact: Tamara DeLuca, Communications Officer – Nishnawbe Aski Nation (807) 625-4906 or cell (807) 621-5549 or by email email@example.com